Saturday, November 22, 2008

Running with Daddy ...

Today I went on a run with Daddy ...

Ha ha, no silly, I didn't actually literally go running ... Daddy got this fancy new running stroller to push me in while he runs. I'm just along for the ride.


Avery and Daddy get ready to go for a run


At first it seemed weird to be sitting in a new rocket ship facing forward since I've been use to seeing most of the world as it flies behind me. But soon I really started to enjoy seeing stuff that was actually coming up rather than wondering what it was that I had just gone by.

Avery and Daddy start their run ...

People along the way were really nice. They waved at me and I got to see so much stuff it was amazing. I think we went a similar route as I go on for walks, but the world just looked so much more different facing it head on.



... and there we go ...


Daddy said that we ran about 4 miles at a pace under 9 min/miles, which he seemed happy with for his first try running with me in tow. Now I thought this seemed fun and all, but I hope Daddy doesn't plan on having me run any marathons with him or anything like that. Running for around a half hour was way fun and all, but he said that his last marathon was almost 4 hours long!?!? He must be crazy since I don't think I could handle running, or rather being along for the ride, for that long!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to hear from you. I miss you when a week goes by and I don't get a message from you. However much you enjoyed the run with your Dad, I couldn't see much of you. Tell your Dad to take at least one picture from the front so I can see you.

Love, Greatgrandma