Saturday, November 1, 2008

Avery's Epic Halloween Adventure ...

WOW!!!! Friday was one of my busiest days to date ... who would have thought Halloween would be so much fun!


It all started with a great big breakfast of rice cereal, with a side of mashed sweet potatoes, and a little time with Boobie, then Mommy whisked me out the door to be in a Halloween Day Parade!!!

Avery in her Jack-o-lantern hat


The school that Grandma teaches at was having a Halloween Day parade and everyone thought that I just had to be in the parade procession. But right when we got to Grandma's classroom and Mommy gave me to Grandma, something just didn't seem right with her ... and right when I was trying to frantically tell Mommy/anyone that a stranger was impersonating Grandma, I saw my real Grandma hiding behind a door?!?!? Oh, I get it ... ha ha, they were just playing a trick on me where another teacher was dressed as Grandma for Halloween ... and boy o' boy, that sure scared me alright!

Avery with 'The Impostor Grandma'
(and with Grandma's students)


Avery with the real Grandma ...


... and then Avery in the Halloween Day Parade
After the parade, Mommy then rushed us home so that we could go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood before going to Nick's house for a party (remember Nick from this previous post http://averyclaire.blogspot.com/2008/07/whoa-whos-hunk.html ... he's sooo dreamy). Luckily Daddy had already help the animals into their costumes, so we quickly were able to hit the streets for lots and lots of candy!

Everyone dressed up for Halloween ... Avery as a monkey, Scrappy as a spider, Scout as a witch, and Suzie as a lamb (Mommy dressed up as Mommy)

Next was Nick's party which I was super excited for ... maybe this time Nick would finally notice me since that last encounter we had was way too brief, especially when I tried to be aloof and just 'play it cool'. To my surprise as we walked through the door, it seemed like I would have some competition this time around for Nick's attention with this really really young girl (she couldn't have been a day over two weeks old). But on the plus side, Nick and I both dressed up as monkeys, so I guess that means we think alike!!!

Nick, Kate, and Avery (with their respective Mommies)

As the night went on, I learned that my competition (Kate) was not really a threat at all (she was actually Nick's cousin), so I made my move and sat next to him on the couch. Unfortunately, that didn't last long.

Avery trying to get Nick to notice her
But finally at the end of the night, when everyone was saying their goodbyes, I looked up and Nick was staring at me with a smile and a twinkle in his eye. Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship ....

Avery and Nick 'making eyes' at each other


No comments: