Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble, gobble, gobble, ...

Yesterday was so much fun ... it was Thanksgiving Day where I got to help Mommy and Daddy prepare a great big dinner for an important guest of honor, Mr. Turkey.

Probably the most interesting part of the day was that I got to watch and help Mommy and Daddy get Mr. Turkey ready for dinner. He is about as big as me!!! They did a lot of the same stuff with him as they do with me ...

For instance, here was bath time in the kitchen for Mr. Turkey. I don't know why Mommy just didn't climb in the tub and give him a bath like she does with me ... I guess I'm more special than Mr. Turkey.


Preparing a bath for Mr. Turkey
And here's Daddy splashing around with Mr. Turkey while trying to give him a bath. I don't think either of them had a much fun at this. Daddy kept complaining that Mr. Turkey was being too difficult ... maybe now Daddy will really appreciated how perfect I am in the bath.

Daddy bathing Mr. Turkey


And here I am with Mommy where we are dressing Mr. Turkey. I don't understand why we didn't dress him in a shirt or onesie or anything like that. I guess he won't be needing anything like that where he's going today.

Me and Mommy dressing Mr. Turkey


And here's me playing with Grandma and my friend Karen. We had so much fun, except that everyone kept asking when is Mr. Turkey going to be ready. I guess on Thanksgiving Day, everyone wants to play more with Mr. Turkey instead of me??? I guess every single day doesn't have to be always about me ... just most of them do!


Pre-dinner playtime


And here's Daddy getting Mr. Turkey ready for dinner. I see now why we didn't dress him in any clothes earlier ... he must be going on a trip to a European beach or something like that since it looks like he went to a tan bed for an all nude tan.

Daddy getting Mr. Turkey ready for dinner


And here we finally are at the table for the great big Thanksgiving Day feast. I don't know where Mr. Turkey went (maybe he had to catch his plane for his trip?), but everyone seemed happy with the great big feast on the table. And since I was still in party mode and wanted to play a while long, I ate my dinner later with Grandpa.
I hope everyone out there had a Happy Thanksgiving just like us!!!

Thanksgiving dinner


Avery's Thanksgiving Day dinner (as Grandpa takes a nap)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe me Avery, you don't want to know about the trip Mr. Turkey went on. But, if you really need to know, there is an interesting Sarah Palin video on YouTube that will help you understand.

Oh, and your grandpa looks like a real dyanamo! At least he didn't drop you during his nap.

A concerned observer