Thursday, July 31, 2008

My parents are sooo dumb ...

... how dumb are they, you ask?

Well, my parents are sooo dumb that they didn't already know I can use my hands efficiently ... like duh, how did they think I could type these blogs on the computer each day. So, now they are really excited about how I like to grab at things now ... you know, like if I really really want something I just go and grab it (I'm a 'today' type of lady). It's just so funny how they are acting about me grabbing at stuff ... it's like they think I just discovered my hands and arms or something ... what a couple of maroons.


Avery holding her friend "Rainbow Worm"

Avery telling her friend "Rainbow Worm" a secret




Avery posing for a picture with her friend "Rainbow Worm"


Avery holding her friend "Rainbow Worm" like a baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery,
I think it is a good idea to keep your parents in the dark about all the things you know. They may even think you don't understand what they are saying, and reveal juicy secrets in your presence.

I'm glad you have someone to confide in. Rainbow Worm looks very trustworthy.

I do notice that you are quite deprived of toys. I can see bare spots on your sheets! Perhaps if you parents are unwilling to provide you with the necessary tools for your development, you could try batting your eyes at your grandparents. I bet they'll rush to the toy score!

I bet your parents will also be surprised when they realize you have discovered your feet. They can substitute for toys in a pinch.

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire: as you get older, you will discover these grabbing skills aren't nearly as essential as you may now think they are. Now, if you want something, you think you have to grab it. However, watch your mother in a jewelry store for education in an alternative technique that can be much more effective (however, your father also has to be present in order for her to demonstrate this skill). I don't fully comprehend how your mother does it, but the result often is a small box holding something containing diamonds is handed to her at her next birthday/Christmas. So, it's not that your mother is sooo dumb in thinking your existing grabbing skills are amazing. It's just that she's excited by the prospect of the additional skills she will be able to teach you as you grow older, all the better to make your interactions with your father that much richer and more rewarding.