Sunday, July 20, 2008

Big day at the office ...

It was a very constructive week at the office where I ... what? ... you didn't know I had a job ... I haven't mentioned that before? Well, what do you think I do with all my free time each week? You know, being a baby and doing "baby like" stuff is so very very easy for me where I need to challenge myself more just so I don't get too bored ... besides, I need to start saving for my first pony!

Now I'm sure there are some doubts out there about all of this since I don't know many other babies that work, so here's some snapshots from a big important work day I had last week ...



Morning meeting

We were talking about the big presentation/demo that was scheduled for later in the day with the customer when Henry the Horse just told a good joke (I'm not sure I can repeat it on this forum, but it was really funny).



Lunchtime with Mommy


Mommy visits (with Boobie of course!) and we all have a nice lunch everyday (and even some playtime too).




Reviewing the Johnson account


The main goal of the Johnson account was to produce a new/different toy product that does not need a stored power source, such as a battery. I'm the lead designer/engineer/marketing/financial guru on the project.




Conference call


Actually, I was just calling the secretary to ask her to contact my Mommy to bring me a new onesie ... I have a little bit of a drooling problem (which I've read is normal for babies), but I don't want to look like a messy baby for the big presentation today.






Demo of the "Magic Butterfly"


This is still sensitive material (so don't share this with our competitors), but we wanted to bring to the marketplace a new toy that leveraged off of the kicking power of babies. As you can see from the demo, the "Magic Butterfly" does just that ... as I kick my legs wildly, the kicking energy transfers to the toy and the "Magic Butterfly" sings, moves, and even performs a light show. The customer loved it (especially the big boss in the suit, Mr. Frog). I think I'll be able to afford that pony very very soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery, I confess I have not been checking your blog these last couple of weeks, and I'm impressed at the great strides you have made in your career during my absence. You clearly have a great future in business, if that's what you choose to pursue. I also notice you are smiling these days - a very useful ploy with potential customers. In fact, I bet mommy and daddy are easy marks in that department.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Avery:
I am happy to learn that you are already working and saving money for a real horse. I think you have enough time until you are ready for riding a real horse to accumulate enough money. However, I think your parents are pushing you and they may be in trouble. Don't they have child labor laws out there?

Love
Concerned Greatgrandma

Anonymous said...

Dear Mid-level Manager Avery,
I am writing to you on behalf of the Lepidoptera society or PETL (People for the Ethical Treatment of Lepidoptera) of which I am an active member. I notice that in your product demonstration you repeatedly kicked a butterfly (Lepidoptera). Maybe you don't know how delicate butterflies are. Well, now you know they are very delicate and do not take kindly to being kicked. You should reconsider this product. Butterflies have always been the pretty and magical creature in children's literature. Let's try to keep it that way and not be making products that encourage children to hurt poor lovely animals. Maybe that Henry Horse thinks it funny but we here at PETL do not!