Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kidnapped (but in a good way) ...

Last weekend was so much fun ... I got to spend a lot of time with my Great Auntie Sherry who flew out just to visit me! She (with Grandma's help) even stole me away for a day so we could do all sorts of fun stuff together ... like playing with me, reading to me, holding me close, talking to me, and even bringing out Bot too when I was tired and hungry. The best thing of all was that Great Auntie Sherry gave me a really awesome gift tee shirt ... but I'm not sure why Daddy didn't like it so much ... he just said "Great", but in that sort of sarcastic tone he sometimes has.






Great Auntie Sherry with Avery (wearing her gift)




(note that Avery's gift tee shirt reads "Someday I'm going to demand a pony")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky girl you are! I think you are getting to have quite a large fan club. In fact, maybe you should start thinking about who should be president of the Avery Claire Fans!
Don't be too hard on your dad - ponies are a bit of trouble (not to mention being costly) and maybe your dad was deprived and never had a pony of this own - poor dad - so doesn't appreciate how important a pony is. I bet he'll come around. I have a feeling Mommy will work on him when the time comes.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

When Avery Claire is 4 or 5 and says to dad "let's go out to dinner so we can talk,' what she really will be saying to dad is 'you're going to agree at dinner tonight to buy me a pony.' By the time dad has had a few such dinners, and has owned a few ponies, he'll begin to understand AveryClaireSpeak. Not that it will do him any good. Basically, from the time she talks until she turns... well, I guess I don't know the upper limit as yet ... anything Avery Claire says actually means "daddy, give me money."