Wednesday, July 9, 2008

If I can't yet walk, then how do I "go for a walk"?

Sometimes it seems like this one simple sentence can make the whole house explode ... Mommy and Daddy start running around saying it over and over again which in turn causes the dogs to go completely berserker (jumping and even squealing at times) and then Suzie starts meowing constantly too (mostly when she is getting trampled by Scrappy and Scout-No) ... so with all this craziness around me, is it any surprise that I also start getting all rev'ed up and get a little loud too???

So then Mommy or Daddy quickly plop me into my cozy peach chair and fasten me into my slick high-tech rocket ship where suddenly out the door we blast off ... finally, freedom from those same four walls I have to look at every minute of every day. Onward to new lights, new sounds, new spaces ...

Mommy usually steers my rocket ship while Daddy takes care of the hounds (where usually it looks more like they are taking care of him). We first sail over a sea of bumpy surfaces, traverse through the wilderness of urban growth, and finally arrive at my favorite stop, where I can see/taste/smell all the fields of greenery for miles and miles and miles.



Walking through the Fields of Greenery (does this look safe to you???)


Most of the time during these adventures I fall into dreams that take me for really really long walks, but after the 'fields of greenery' stop, I never really know where we go since I usually always just wake up back in the middle of those same four walls again, watching Mommy and Daddy eating dinner (with an occasional glance towards me). You would think that they would have the common courtesy to wake me up after we get back home (maybe so I could eat dinner too???) ... funny how they never do that ... maybe they don't want to interrupt my beauty sleep???



Now there's no way this should even be considered safe, right?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avery, my young friend, let me enlighten you. You are correct to be concerned about the wilds of the local park. A young lady cannot be too careful as she ventures out into to world especially before she is of walking age.

I must however take a moment to commend your parents and your canine protectors and clarify for you what these photos taken during your recent excursion reveal. What you experienced was the vigilant protection of your furry, four-footed guards who have obviously been well trained by your intelligent and knowledgeable parents. The first photo reveals both the forward and rear-lateral defense position which is a basic maneuver outlined in the Secret Service training manual. The second photo is a beautiful and classic example of the completed "encircle to protect". I'm sure that our country's Homeland Security Department would love to have copies of these photos as they are such perfect illustrations of the pro-active, pre-emptive defensive and protective position. In fact, it is the best I've ever seen. I would be remise in my duty if I did not also point out that included in the protective encircling was the maternal object, your mother, who is the all important carrier of the Boobie.

In closing just let me remind you, darling Avery, that you seem to be in very good hands and paws.