Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's my first Birthday today ... yeah!!!!!!!

Avery looking around for her birthday present

I could just feel it was my birthday as soon as I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to see my birthday present!!! Mommy and Daddy tried to hide it outside under this big blue covering sheet, but I picked it out right away ... I'm very keen on finding anything new around the house ... it's like a 6th sense or something.

So I hurried and got dressed for the day ... when we finally went outside to see my gift, Grandma and Great Grandma were even outside to wish me a happy first birthday!!!

So, there I was ... in front of this big blue sheet on the ground just anxiously waiting to see what was under it!!! Then Daddy pulled it off and there it was ... this birthday gift of a ... of a ... of a big pile of dirt in a box!??!?!



Avery trying to understand why her birthday gift
was a bunch of her old toys on top of a big pile of dirt

So since I'm only 1 years old and still basically "new" to everything, I said my "thank yous" to be polite, but in the back of my mind I was still trying to figure out why they would think someone of my stature would want a big pile of dirt anyway???
And then you know what happened next?!!?? Mommy plopped me right down onto this big dirt pile ... oh, the horror!!!
But it was sort of funny ... as I kicked and crawled and wiggled around in the dirt trying to get out of it, I discovered that the dirt actually had this nice feeling to it ... kind of a smooth sandy feeling that you could swim around in. So, I then grabbed some of my old toys that were also lying around in the pile of dirt and started to move the dirt all around where it was actually a lot of fun!!!
Avery and Daddy playing in the sandy dirt

So in the end, I should have just known from the start that whatever Mommy and Daddy got me for my birthday was going to be something that I absolutely fell in love with. And I guess it helped that Daddy was also quite the digger when he was as little as me ...

Daddy playing in his childhood sandbox ...
hundreds and hundreds of years ago

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, can we say daddy's girl!