Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've never been so happy that I was so wrong ...

If you can remember from a few months back (on my entry http://averyclaire.blogspot.com/2008/06/does-this-onesie-make-me-look-fat.html ) I was really worried about my projected weight gain (based on just one month's worth on actual weight measurements) ... remember that it projected I would weigh upwards of ~500 lbs at my first birthday!??!?!

Well here we are today where I just passed my 0.5 year old birthday and since that original weight estimate curve would have put me at ~50lbs right now (of which you can clearly see from all my pictures that that prediction is far from true), I now have the need to update my weight estimate projection using more actual data.



Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa read me blog posts and knew that I would be in need of more actual weight measurements, so each and every time I have visited them over the last 4 months, they would load me into this contraption (seen below) and record my latest weight.



Avery in the baby/deli-meat scale



So, without further delay below is my new weight prediction trend line (the yellow line), which as you will note puts me at a reasonable 20lbs at my first birthday ... much better, wouldn't you say then the original prediction (the blue line)? The new weight prediction trend line is based on 4 months of actual weight measurements (red line), where the form of the equation is:

weight (lbs) = 1.1354*month+6.3212

with an R-squared of 0.9872 (an Rsquared close to one indicates a really good line fit to the data).


Avery's latest weight predication

Thus, this concludes all my concerns about my weight ... whew ...

Note that now I won't weight ~500 lbs until I'm 440 months (weight (lbs) = 1.1354*440+6.3212 = 505.8) or rather 36.5 years old ... that seems normal, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Avery, thank goodness you have vigilant grandparents who keep track of your development. How else would you know how nicely you are growing.