Saturday, August 23, 2008

So, exactly how many weeks are in 60 years?

Avery with Grandpa on his birthday


I had a really fun time out at dinner the other night. We all went out for Grandpa's birthday where he just turned 60 years old ... yeah, 60 years old ... wow, huh ... that seems kind of old to me! Mommy and Daddy told me the other day that I just turned 16 weeks old, so I wondered, how many weeks are in 60 years? I kept asking this question over and over to everyone during dinner, but no one would answer me. One of them would just grab me and shuffle me outside to go for a walk ... how annoying, right?

So, I had time to figure it all out by myself today ... I googled "number of weeks in a year" and it's 52, so that means Grandpa just turned 60*52 = 3,120 weeks!!! No way ... that seems super duper old!!! In fact, that's around 200 times older than me (3,120/16 = 195).

That's just incredible!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I notice that Grandpa is not only older than you are, but larger too. Maybe the next time you are thinking about these things, you can figure out how many times bigger he is - I'm sure it is not 200 times, though :-)