Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first own pet ...

Mommy and Daddy are always trying to pull a fast one on me, but this last time it was to surprise me with my first own pet!!! Now I really really love Scrappy, Scout-No, and Suzie, but how exciting is it that I'm seen as 'old enough' to have a pet that's all my own?
I sort of felt that Mommy wasn't just borrowing Grandma & Grandpa's spare truck because her own car broke down ... and low and behold, the real reason was to bring home Fluffy!!! I'm still not really sure why his temporary home/habitat was on top of and all around the block engine of the truck (maybe he likes to keep warm?) or even how Mommy was able to drive the truck all the way home like that without spilling Fluffy and his home everywhere along the way, but she did it. I think it was even a big surprise to Daddy too since he sort of jumped and yelled when Fluffy came running out from under the front bumper towards him after we got home ... Mommy sometimes likes to surprise Daddy too.
Fluffy's temporary home/habitat in the truck
I think it only took Daddy a few hours to collect and transfer Fuffy's home from the truck ... and I guess Fluffy is more of an outside pet since he ran straight into our backyard. I've been looking for him (and so have the dogs), but I haven't been able to take any pictures of him yet. When I do get a pic of him, Ill post it for all of you to see ... he's just so so cute!!!

Fluffy's habit collected and transferred

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to have your very own Fluffy at such a young age. Your mother had to wait until she was 4 to get her first pet. And, even then, before she was allowed to get her first pet, she had to read instruction manuals on guinea pig care, followed by a closed-book exam, consisting of essay questions as well as multiple choice, to make sure she understood all the content at an acceptable level. However, her parents, unlike yours, were quite strict with her, and never spoiled her or her sister.