Friday, June 20, 2008

Avery's First Dress

This morning Mommy put a dress on me ... my first dress ever. I guess it looks nice ... well, almost anything would be a huge improvement over those dreadful Onesies they always put me in.



And I'll have to ask Mommy someday where all her "fashion sense" is that she claims to have? And I know Daddy can't help me in this area ... he dresses himself like an engineer most of the time or even worse yet, like a big overgrown goofy kid ... boring! ... stupid boring!

Maybe someday they'll surprise me and take me out on a shopping spree ... that is, if they ever take me out anywhere at all, like to the mall to "go shopping".
I just can't wait till I get my drivers license so I can take myself shopping anytime I want ... that will be just awesome!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Avery,

How lovely you look in your new dress! When you get a little bigger, I will take you to the mall and get you all the things that your mom and dad say you shouldn’t wear. And then we’ll eat chocolate and go to inappropriate movies. See what you have to look forward to? And then, when you get your driver’s license, you can come visit me in the nursing home. I’ll be the one drooling in the corner.

Your mom does have a terrific fashion sense, but you have to understand, she’s never dressed her own baby girl before. I think she’s done a fine job. You could have lunch with the Queen today in that outfit

Let your daddy dress however he likes, as long as he gets you pretty things and lots of jewelry.

Give your mommy a big hug,

Sheri