Saturday, May 29, 2010

Avery and Nick's Tea Party

Avery preparing for a tea party

Normally I exclusively only have tea parties with my polite lady friends, but Nick told me in passing the other day how much he really liked tea and that he even knew just how to behave at such an event. So I thought it might be fun to invite Nick over to my loft for some special tea and crumpets as the weather has just been fabulous in the mornings lately and although Nick has tricked me before with all his silly games, I was willing to give him the benefit-of-doubt that he could refrain and act like a proper gentleman at a tea party.

Anyway, Nick arrived promptly on time, was dashingly well groomed, and very well mannered as we started off our event. I was pouring this special tea blend from the farthest lands and adding two very refined cubes of sugar, where all of the sudden Nick started to lose himself and forget he was in the presence of such a lady ... as can be seen, documented below.

Avery and Nick at the beginning of the
tea party in proper tea etiquette form ...


... then Nick becoming slightly ill-mannered by goofing
around with the settings, food, tea, etc ...


... where things finally quickly degrading into
Nick showing off his great "juggling skills"!??!?


And then before I knew it, the tea cup carnage had begun. The video below show the whole debacle and destruction of my antique dishware. That shall be the end of me thinking any boy knows how to act properly at my tea parties!!!


1 comment:

Sheri said...

There are so many things boys don't know, Avery. Behaving properly at a tea party is only the first of many things you will learn about them ...