Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Sweet 1st Birthday Party ...


Avery wants THAT in her tummy

Sorry it's been so long since my last posting, but things have been really really busy lately ... plus the temperature has been hitting triple digits lately and that seems to slow life down just a bit.
Since a few of you out there having been asking me about my super sweet first birthday party, I finally made the time to go through all of the hundreds and hundreds of photos from my birthday party and wanted to share a few. Here are some candid shots to show the overall vibe and good time had by all ...

First things first ... BIRTHDAY CAKE EATING was the best part of the party ...


Avery tasting her birthday cake ...


... Avery really enjoying her birthday cake

We also played in my big birthday present Mommy and Daddy got me ... all my guests really enjoyed it as much as I do ...


Avery's friends (Abby and Maya) playing in the sandbox ...



... Will loved watering the sandbox with the pink water can ...


We also filled up the pool since it was such a nice day ... it was such a hit with everyone that Shannon, Lily, Nick, Skyler, and I played in there most of the day.

Pool party time was a great big hit ...


... a lot of us kids stayed in the pool most of the party


Avery's rock concert friend Mathew had a great time too


And oh yes, my on-again/off-again boyfriend Nick was even up to his usual "Mr. Funny Guy" tricks again ...


Nick performing his "bonk Avery in the head" trick

And not only did all my friends in town come over for the party, but lots of people came from far far away too.



Auntie Em and Great Grandma came into town just for me ...

... as well as my out of town Grandparents also!!!

So not only did everyone come over to wish me a happy birthday, but they all brought me all sorts of neat stuff too ... even my own furniture!!!


My own set of table and chairs for tea parties ...



... my own lounging chair ...


... even a hand made Mother Goose quilt!!!


Avery partying into the wee hours of the night!!!


1 comment:

Sheri said...

I'm so sorry I missed this party! It looks like a great time was had by all. And your birthday cake looks yummy. I'll try to make your next birthday party.