Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grandma has retired from watching me?!??!!?

Avery with Daddy at Grandma's party

So I'm not exactly sure what will happen after this past weekend ... it's all a bit confusing to me still, but then again, I'm just a baby. Maybe if I explain what occurred, one of you out there might be able make sense of it all for me ...

It all started last weekend where Mommy, Daddy, and me got all dressed up and went to a party that was in Grandma's honor. It started out as a grand fun time ... eating, dancing, and partying while Grandma seemed to be enjoying her special moment with all of her friends and family.



Avery enjoying her place setting at Grandma's party


Three generations of blonds

Avery dancing with Mommy (with some help from the staff)


So as the fun night went on and on and on, from the conversations I could overhear it slowly dawned on me that this wasn't just any ordinary party for a great Grandma, but more of a retirement party?!??!!?

So what exactly is Grandma retiring from anyway ... her only job is to cater to my every need from time to time. Am I that hard to deal with??? Does that mean Grandma is buying the boat and sailing away to go bye-bye forever?!?!!?



Grandma getting her retirement recognition




Avery with Grandma and all her fellow new retirees





Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy, and Daddy with Barb (another fellow new retiree)


Note that I took this last photo (since my usually personal photographers where all in it).

So, in the end I guess that's what makes life interesting ... things constantly changing. Hopefully I'll still see Grandma from time to time. I guess I don't know what else to say ... quite frankly, I'm still in a state of shock right now that Grandma had to retire only after one year of service ...

No comments: