Sunday, December 6, 2009

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey ...

Thanksgiving Day was totally awesome this year!!! There were even more people than last year that came over just to play games and have fun with me!!! I love the holiday season!!!

So to start the day off as soon as can be (right at 6am), I jumped onto my bike and rode it all around the house while ringing my bell as loud and fast as I could ... I guess some people have trouble waking up before sunrise, unlike me.


Avery waking up the house

Since Mommy and Daddy were too busy cooking up the feast, my out-of-town Grandparents were glad to entertain and play all sorts of games with me ...

Avery playing with her Grandpa ...


... and Mommy hustling up the bird in the kitchen

But only after a brief bit of morning playtime, it was already time to eat the big feast?!!??

It seems that we ended up having a brunch-like Thanksgiving Day feast (at around 11am) since the timing countdown for a completely cooked bird was way ahead of schedule. Good thing all my grandparents had already arrived and were ready to eat!!!

Everyone eating Thanksgiving Day brunch
(Auntie Em even joined us via the phone)
...


... Avery gnawing on a whole turkey leg and double
helpings of mashed potatoes with dressing!!!


So since my original playtime was cut so short, I decided it was very important to continue playing throughout our meal ... someone has to provide the entertainment and who better than me!!!

Avery playing 'peak-a-boo' ...


... Mommy and Avery dancing ...


... Avery and Scout-No wrestling
under the table


And there even seemed to be some common themes from last year's Thanksgiving Day ... http://averyclaire.blogspot.com/2008/11/gobble-gobble-gobble.html

I guess my in-town Grandpa just gets really sleepy after eating a whole lot of turkey ...

Nap time for Grandpa

My good play-friend Nikki even came over to play when everyone else was too tired/full to move. She even brought over some new toys where I get to do my favorite things in the whole world ... throw stuff around and knock over other stuff!!!

Avery bowling with her play-friend Nikki ...


... too much fun all captured in one single day!!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

You've been busy blogging this weekend, Avery. I enjoy your posts, and this one was really fun. It's obvious that you were the star of the show - as usual!