Thursday, September 10, 2009

My first own computer ...

Avery testing out her own laptop PC


Today I reached a major milestone in my life ... I finally got my own computer (thanks to Grandpa)!!!!

No more fighting with Mommy and Daddy about when I can get to use any of their computers. Now I can just pop in the 4 AA batteries whenever I want and take my portable PC anywhere I want to go.

Yep, this flashy Tandy 200 PC is way more compact than either Mommy or Daddy's laptop, plus it doesn't even have any messy cords to plug in and it only needs new batteries every few days!!!

Unfortunately, there's one drawback ... it can't connect to the internet (since it was manufactured before the internet existed), so I' still have to beg and borrow to get any time on my parent's PC to blog.


So much fun Avery can't even sit down while typing


3 comments:

Sheri said...

Now you can help Mommy with her revise and resubmit. She will appreciate that for sure.

Anonymous said...

On your next visit with your grandpa, ask him to give you a modem. You'll be limited to dial-up speeds, but you can post your blogs without having to wait for your mommy or daddy to finish with their computers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Avery, you are amazing. Not only can you smell and taste the data, you can also use your keyboard to help your mommy. Just one bit of advice, I know you can keep the important work in your cute little head, but I'm sure your mommy isn't quite as talented. You might want to make sure she backs up her computer at least twice a month. It would also be good if she made more than one copy of her work and stored the disks in separate places.

A concerned observer