Sunday, August 9, 2009

Farewell to my childhood home ...

Avery's childhood home


Avery compressing her whole life into
taped-up brown boxes



Life has been difficult over the last month, which is probably evident from my random/sporadic blog postings of late. Unbeknown to me, my thoughtless parents decided to sell and move out of my childhood home last month and their actions have forced a sort of "critical mass" explosion of packing/cleaning/storing/moving/unpacking/organizing/sleeplessness/crying/etc that it makes me wonder if I'll ever go back to a normal life again.

I only hope that their drastic decision does not cause long term harm to my future growth and development ... and that our new house is as great or even better!!!


Goodbye to the dishwasher that I loved to play house in ...


Goodbye to my dining/play room where I learned
how to eat all the colors of food and then play with them too ...



Goodbye to the family room that hushed me
into sleep each and every night ...



And goodbye to my great bedroom ... I will miss you the very most ...


(next week starts the adventures in Avery's new home)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avery, that made me tear up. I hope you learn to love your new house at least as much.