Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sailing the treacherous deep blue waters ...

Daddy helping Avery navigate through the treacherous deep blue waters


It seems that I have officially graduated from the "kiddie pool" and now have transitioned into sailing the deep blue waters (the ones that flow in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard, that is). Since this was my maiden voyage, Daddy came along to help me navigate the treacherous waters that lay ahead ... although, he mostly swam along the side of my craft since there was only room for one captain on this adventure ... me.


Daddy explaining to Avery the finer points of navigation
Along the route, one could hear all sorts of animal movements off in the distance. I could even see with my own two eyes things that thrashed about in the undertow that I would never dare image. I don't know what I would have done if my trusty sidekick was not always there to see me though ...

Daddy battling with the forces on nature to calm the waters for Avery


As all good things eventual come to an end, so was our adventure. So I do now declare victory upon circling the perimeter of these vast waters and hereby claim that these waters shall now be referred to as "Avery's Cove" from this point forward.


What a fun adventure with Daddy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Avery, you look great out there, but I think that Daddy of yours needs to get a tan.