Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Great Escape ...

Since I now have crawled everywhere there is to possibly go in the house, I have set my sights on grander horizons ... mastering the great outdoors!!! There's a big problem with that though ... Mommy and Daddy keep restricting my desires to roam as free as the dogs, play in the long thick grass, and finally perform a proper search for my beloved Fluffy.

So, I have hatched a plan to escape these walls (and jailers) that try to contain me ... let me know what you think?

First, I have secretly been practicing standing and climbing out of the crib so that I can shimmy down the side when no one is looking.


Avery making sure the coast is clear

Once I'm covertly on the floor, I'll hit the ground running (or crawling, so to speak) to quickly make the journey from my back bedroom to the back door of the house.



Avery covertly crawling the massive span of the house

Then, I'll lie in the shadows by the back door waiting for my prime opportunity to make a run (or rather, crawl) for it. This will be the easiest part since Mommy usually blankly stares at the computer screen like a zombie for hours at a time (probably playing those spelling games she plays I imagine).

Avery waiting for opportunity to knock


And when that moment appears, I'll be ready ... I'm thinking my best bet will be to mingle in with the dogs when they get let outside. Mommy and Daddy are usually too sleep deprived to notice one extra "dog" going out the door ... right???
This is going to be awesome!!!


Avery mixing in with the dogs as
they head outside ... success!!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Avery, I'm all for freedom and exploration, but I think you might want to postpone this caper until you are upright. You won't believe the opportunities when you can walk and run! And I think you'll be doing both very soon. So hang in there. Besides, you are MUCH cuter than the dogs and I think you won't be as inconspicuous as you think.

Anonymous said...

Don't do it Avery! Don't make a break for the great outdoors! There could be bats out there! Oh wait that actually happened in the house. Maybe you would be safer outdoors.

Tucson Grandma