Saturday, December 13, 2008

What is a geisha???

... the reason I ask is that Grandpa went on a business trip to Japan recently and got me a present. This time it was traditional Japanese clothing and I had never seen anything like it before. It was this colorful robe with all sorts of ties, bows, sashes, and such.


Grandma dressing Avery in her new outfit

Avery in her pretty new Japanese clothing


When Grandma was done dressing me, everyone thought it was oh so cute and kept calling me a "little geisha girl", but I didn't really know what that meant. So I went to wikipedia today to investigate ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geisha ), but I'm still confused on what that really means ... there were a lot of words that were new to me, remember I'm just a 7 month old baby!

So, can someone please tell me what "being a geisha" really means???


Do I look like a geisha???

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Avery, you grandpa brings you such wonderful treasures from his travels. I bet when you are a little bigger you'll get to travel with him and pick out your own treasures. What you should know about geishas is that they are very accomplished and very beautiful. You share those traits with them already.