Thursday, December 18, 2008

In loving memory of Suzy ...

In loving memory of Suzy, 1985 - 2008

If you haven't already heard, my beloved cat Suzy passed away this week due to old age (she was almost 24 yrs old!). It has been a very very sad week since not only was she my cat, but she was Mommy's childhood cat as well. When Mommy was 10 yrs old, she found a kitten that she later named Suzy who lived with her from that point on, and thus brought her into my life.


Suzy liked to lounge on Mommy (just like me!)

You could even say that Suzy was Auntie Em's cat as well since whenever Mommy wasn't around, Suzy would jump into her arms ... although Suzy never discriminated against hanging out with anyone that would give her a kind touch, a nice word, or even just tolerate her getting in the way of everything.

Auntie Em and Suzy ...


... Suzy hanging out at a party ...

... Suzy just being "in the middle of whatever is going on" ...


... Suzy "helping" Daddy put stuff together

Suzy hanging out with her gang of close friends
(Auntie Em, Scrappy, Mommy, and Scout-No)
Suzy was an outdoor cat for most of her life (except for these last few years). She just loved being in the sunlight and having nature all around her.

Suzy loved either being outdoors ...



... or having the outdoors inside with her



Suzy received as much love as she sent out

I felt so bad this week about Suzy passing away that I wrote a poem for her ... here it is ...


Suzy was a Good Friend of Mine
Suzy was a good friend of mine, which could be seen each and every day ...
Since whatever I did, good or bad, better or worse, she captured in her own special way.

Oh all the games we must have played, they numbered way too high to amount ...
For I just loved to grab at that soft fur, those multi-colors, and that magical tail just too many times to count.

And if I sometimes pulled too hard or pushed too much, she'd sneakily navigate away ...
But always before I would even know it, she would be right back besides me again ready to stay.

She lovingly watched over me as I would fall deep asleep, her nestled just right beside ...
With that constant purring to sooth me right off, chasing my wild colored dreams deep inside.

As the time dwindled away these final last days, she never strayed that far from my reach ...
For even that she's now gone, in my heart she'll stay strong and forever my first friend, mentor, and teach.


And I lastly wanted to share some videos of me and Suzy playing just last weekend before she past away ...

Here's the last one ... Suzy you will be missed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss! Eight little doggie hearts send you extra love from our house.

Barb

Sheri said...

I'm glad you have such wonderful memories and photos to keep Suzy in your heart.

Sheri said...

I don't know if a actually posted my comment. I wanted to say that I'm glad you have such wonderful memories and photos to keep Suzy in your heart.

Anonymous said...

We loved SusieQ so very much. She was so tough and smart and she loved you, Avery. Your mommy found her as a wild kitten who needed a place to have her own babies. And with extraordinary patience your mommy won Susie's trust. And that's how it all started.

Tucson Grandma

Anonymous said...

Dear Avery and family,

what a beautiful friend you all had and what beautiful pictures you sent me. I am sure they will keep them for you when you grow up. I know your Mommy will miss her greatly.

She had a very good life living with you and your Mom and Dad as well as with the dogs.

Love to all of you,
Grandma and Great G.

.P.S. I received my much awaited puzzle book . Thank you very much as I do at least one a day and really enjoy it.