Sunday, December 28, 2008

My first encounter with the man they call Santa ...


"Christmas is sooo awesome!!!!"

I think the picture of me above sums it all up!!! And I guess Santa thought I was a good little girl this year since he brought me all sorts of really really neat stuff!! It's too bad that I didn't get to see him drop off all these neat gifts this year and thank him myself.


Avery falling asleep before Santa came to her house

Maybe next year, Mommy and Daddy won't let me fall asleep before he comes to my house and climbs down my chimney. Thanks a lot, Mommy and Daddy!!! At least they had the good idea of leaving out milk and cookies for him as a "thank you".

Milk and cookies for Santa

Anyway, once I woke up Christmas morning and finally got Mommy and Daddy out of bed (along with Auntie Em who flew into town to spend Christmas with me), I got started with the first round of presents and began opening all the presents that were at my house.


Christmas tree at Avery's house
for round 1 of "The Opening of Presents"


Family, Santa, and friends from all over sent me all sorts of neat stuff!!! Books, toys, stuffed animal friends, princess dishware, etc ... the list goes on and on and on ... it was so much stuff that I didn't know what to play with first!!!



Avery ripping open her presents


And here's a video of me ripping open my first present from Santa ...



Avery wondering how to get the toy out of the packaging



Avery looking at a picture book of all sorts of babies


Mommy showing Avery one of her new toys


Avery reading her new favorite 3-D book

And then after finishing up with all the presents at my house, I then went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to open up all the gifts I had there!!! Don't tell Santa that he mistakenly dropped off gifts for me at both places!!! Christmas is the best day of the year!!!!!!!

Christmas tree at Grandma and Grandpa's house
for round 2 of "The Opening of Presents"



Scrappy enjoying her Christmas present from Santa



Mommy helping Avery play with her new puzzle


Avery meeting her first real doll named Dolly


Avery and her baby white alligator named Whitey

Avery and her new pal Mr. Monkey-Pants



Avery with Grandma showing off her handmade

Piggy-Bank purse (made by Auntie Em!)



Grandpa getting dinner ready


Avery and Auntie Em watching Grandma play Christmas songs on the piano


Grandma, Auntie Em, and Mommy showing off their matching Christmas jackets (hey, why didn't I get a jacket too?!??!)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Avery, Santa got a bit carried away - but after all, it's your first Christmas. It will take you until next Christmas to play with all those cool toys. It must be really special to have your Auntie Em there to help you celebrate the holidays. What a lucky girl you are :-)