Monday, May 21, 2012

Goodbye For Now, My Nikki ...

Avery and her Good Friend Nikki

It's taken me some time to figure out exactly what to say, since wonderful memories with you have danced vividly since that last tear filled day. So here's my so-long, my goodbye, my farewell if just for now, since we will laugh again together someday, my Good Friend Nikki, and make new memories out loud.


You came into my life out of nowhere, 
from a place I now know is called Oregon, 
and returned back there again with me forever changed.

You brought good people with you to share from your life, 
warm people I'll always remember.

 Even a Dog and Dan, both as zany as can be,
everyday we had so much fun, I can't really even believe.  

 You took me to all so many places, great places that felt so warm,
especially in the arms of someone I truly adored.

 And bought me so many tokens, oh so much, 
all of which you didn't have to do,
 I was easily just as happy spending only the time with you.


 You were my first real friend, 
before I even knew what that meant.

 And all the pictures you captured, 
from our days and our fun, 
leaves me with so many moments to remember.

 
All the memories I'll cherish from 
all the time we spent together.

 You made me feel free enough to dance
and strong enough to act silly, even on cue.

 You made me feel beautiful, grownup, 
like someone to fully challenge the world.

 
 And goofy, don't forget all the goofiness, 
I really did like to bring out the 
goofiness, didn't I?


 You are all those things and more,
you were a wonderful first teacher to 
help show me what the world is really all about.


Thanks for all the memories, Nikki, past and more to come, 
I'll see you soon again, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery says it all so beautifully. We miss you Nikki!

Tucson Grandma

nikki said...

I love you, Avery! We had so many wonderful days together and I can't wait to see you again in a few months. Love always, your Nikki.