Sunday, April 22, 2012

Growing Butterflies!??!?!

My Nikki and I did the strangest thing the other day, we grew butterflies, real butterflies that is!!! Well, they started out as little worms that wiggled all around in this cup that came in the mail. Then they all decided to climb up to the top of the cup and hang straight down from the lid!  My Nikki knew exactly what to do next. We pinned the lid on the inside of this netted habitat Nikki just happen to have and then voila', they were these amazing butterflies flying all around in my home!  After a few days of feeding them orange slices and flowers, we freed them into the great unknown in the backyard.  One even waved at me and it fluttered away!!! 

The can'o'worms that came in the mail

My five little worms turned cocoons

Cocoons hanging in the butterfly habitat

Beautiful baby butterflies enjoying their indoors habitat

Releasing the butterflies into the world!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have your Nikki to do these fun things with. Butterflies -- how exciting to be able to watch them grow!

Anonymous said...

It must have been very exciting to watch your butterflies grow! I do love the radical hairdo! Do you do your own hair?

A friend