Sunday, October 25, 2009

In search of, The Great Pumpkin ...

Beginning of my Great Pumpkin quest

Although it seems like I was just in the pool the other day (well, actually it was just last weekend), it must now be Fall all the sudden since we loaded up into the car yesterday and ventured out of town to began that quest for that picture perfect Great Pumpkin of the season ...

As we ran into the pumpkin patch, right off the bat I could tell that Mommy did not have the attention to detail that is necessary in order to find that Great Pumpkin. She would run up to any old thing and try to call me over to it, when in reality it would be sooo disformed and sooo discolored that you could tell it had been cast aside many many other times by all the explorers prior to us.

Mommy hopelessly finding the
absolute opposite of "great" pumpkins

And as Mommy was pointing out yet another "so-so" pumpkin, in the distance out of the corner of my eye, I saw her, or rather she saw me ... could this be my Great Pumpkin I have been searching so long for?!!??


Avery pointing out what could possibly be, The Great Pumpkin ...


... and with Mommy's help, Avery runs
through the patch to see if it is true ...


... and yes, yes, it is true!!! The Great Pumpkin has been found!!!
And she's just like me ... petite and cute as a button!!!!

(watch for the next posting with The Great Pumpkin called "Avery plays dress-up with The Great Pumpkin ...")

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Glad you mission was a success. I look forward to the next episode ...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Avery, petite and cute as a button you are indeed, but are you always so very serious?

A concerned observer