Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow, fun, & more snow!!!

"Oh yes! Oh yes! I do like snow."

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! I've always loved reading about that magical mystical white powdery cold stuff called "snow" and finally had the chance to see it all up close this last weekend. We loaded up the car and drove North on this long never-ending trail to spend the weekend in the mountains with some friends. Luckily, Mr. Snow got there before us and sprinkled his white stuff all around for us to enjoy. Here's a video of me and my buddy Mathew playing in the snow for the first time.



We then all went on a long hiking race where it was below freezing with icy trails all around us!

Avery (hidden behind Daddy's big head) and her
friends Mathew and Sophia (with all the parents
crowding into the picture as well)



Avery and Daddy leading the big hiking race


We also had a lot of fun down time in the cabin as well. Since Sophia can't walk yet, Mathew and I would get down to her level ... rolling all around on the floor!

Avery, Mathew, and Sophia rolling
around playing on the floor


Here's a video of us playing in the cabin. Notice my great sharing skills.




We even had lots of fun in the kitchen. We kids had to cook breakfast that last morning before we all left since Mathew's Daddy was sick and not feeling all that well. And who would have known that Mathew would be such an excellent "utensil master", wielding a spatula like no adult I've ever seen!


Mathew showing off his spatula skills to Avery


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Avery,

I don't know... I just don't see you enjoying the snow all that much, but it does look as though you have settled on a rather cute little bob hair style.

A concerned observer