Sunday, January 22, 2012

Owlie

Owlie on his perch right outside my window

I have a new friend that stays perched on a ledge right outside my window during the day.  He told me his name is Owlie and that he likes to watch all the birdies play around my bird feeder (also right outside my window).  Isn't he adorable?  He's so cute, that I made a song about him that goes like this:


My Fuzzy Friend, Owlie
You are so short and so sweet and you're totally neat, you are my Owlie ...
You sit up there really high and watch over all my sky, you are my Owlie ...
Your eyes are so bright that I can see them in the night, you are my Owlie ...
I really wish you could come in and fly all around me while I grin, yes you are my Owlie ...
But I guess, I have to, just watch from afar, do what you do,
since you live wild, and outside my style, I can only, brightly smile,
and fondly admire, all the beauty, that makes you be you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear you singing this poem right now in your sweet little Avery voice. So adorable!